Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sudden Thought

Have been hearing from others that they hardly survive with the money supplied by parents weekly, urgent need to make payments in some occasions, etc...

It has been almost 3 years since I first accepted JPA scholarship. I have been taking my own financial responsibilities all the time, except the regular meals with my family. Recalling the academic year in Taylors University, we JPA scholars were supplied RM350 each on a monthly basis. My daily spent on food was approximately RM14, summing up to RM280 a month, excluding the weekends. Including the weekly transportation fees , I ended up with less than RM20 for my saving. Sometimes I would peep my friends' account balance, and I would feel surprise that most of them were having extra saving. I realized that their parents would always supply additional dollars for them. The first thought that came up to my mind : Yuu, envy-nya...

I knew myself that I could ask not more than what I am having now from my parents as they could hardly afford it. As a son, I have to understand my family financial status and be satisfied with what I have. However, sometimes I will still mumble aside, complaining that I am not getting as much as others. Yea. This kind of thinking is superbly wrong. I am a bad man~~So, I am now paying myself for the TM bills, items purchasing, and other entertainments. Although my heart is bleeding seeing the outflow of cashes, it's alright since I become less relied on my parents, and thus lighten their burden.

In the mean time, I have started saving some money so that my parents can travel to Canada when I graduate (If nth goes wrong in my study ~ finger cross). The last time they traveled to oversea was during our family trip to Bangkok when I was in primary school. In the past 2 years, my friends traveled to Toronto and USA during winter breaks. I didn't join the trips as I am not willing to spend money for traveling. Some suggested that I should visit these places while I am staying in Canada. Haih. Whatever. There are many ways of spending for own will indeed.

Nice FM song playing on my computer... [1.28AM, June 04]



5 comments:

  1. true. so proud of you to having such thought, you are indeed, a good man. C=

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with king..
    u r a very good man... :)
    ur parents must be proud of u :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree with king too.
    u're no longer a boy. but a man.. :)
    hope that your parents can read ur blog too so they know what u r thinking

    ReplyDelete
  4. they choy me dou so. I go perhentian brw money from mum when return back she say "sry ah house no money is like that d". lol

    btw i spent damn alot here leh. outing expenses all own charge.

    ReplyDelete